Ladybridge Football Club 'Welfare'
RESPECT CODE OF CONDUCT FOR COACHES, TEAM MANAGRS & CLUB OFFICIALS
On and off the field you will:
• Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers, officials and spectators
• Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game
• Promote fair play and high standards of behaviour
• Always respect the match officials decision
• Never enter the field of play without the referees permission
• Never engage in public criticism of the match officials
• Never engage in or tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour.
When working with the players you will:
• Place the well being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything, including winning
• Explain exactly what you expect of players and what they can expect from you
• Ensure all parents/carers of all the players under the age of 18 understand these expectations
• Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying
• Develop mutual trust and respect with every player to build their self esteem.
• Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance
• Ensure all activities organised are appropriate for the players age, ability level and maturity.
• Co-operate fully with others e.g. doctors, officials, welfare officers for each players best interests
RESPECT CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS AND MANAGERS
Remember that children take part in sports and games for their own fun and enjoyment, not yours.
They are not there to satisfy your ambitions
To preserve the good name of our club and to set a standard for the children you must adhere to the following: –
Encourage and support all players
Praise good play and performance
Praise good behavior and sportsmanship
Be patient with all players
Accept the referees decisions at all times
Remain outside the field of play and behind the spectator line
Ensure the good name of your club is upheld at all times.
Attempt to coach players during a match, leave this to your manager
Shout, argue, swear or become violent under any circumstances.
Point out any player’s incompetence
Embarrass the club, team, players or match officials.
If you cannot abide by this code of Conduct then we would ask you not to attend any game organised by your club, so much good work can be undone by one unsavory incident. Be responsible, obey the code and allow everyone to enjoy a great game of football. Any persons not doing so may be dealt with under the Child Protection Policy.
RESPECT CODES OF CONDUCT FOR PLAYERS
Play to the rules of the game, as directed by the referee
Play the game fairly using your skills
Enjoy the game. Be modest in victory but accept defeat.
Praise skillful play by whichever team or player.
Be on time for all training and matches.
Be respectful to your team mates, the other team, your coach, your manager and the referee.
Shake hands with the other team and the referee at the end of the game.
Behave in a manner that is expected by your team, your club and this league.
PLAYERS MUST NOT
Argue with the referee or assistants
Appeal for everything.
Retaliate or react to foul play
Over celebrate a goal
Shout at your team-mates.
Use unacceptable language or behavior.
Gloat or chant at the opposition after the game